If you’re looking to learn how to create a Facebook business page, you’ve come to the right place! This ultimate guide put together by Podium gives you every detail you need, including answering common questions about how to run a Facebook business page and sharing a lot of insider, expert tips.
Here are the topics we will cover:
- How to create a Facebook business page
- Choosing Facebook business page categories
- How to add an administrator to a Facebook page
- How to use Facebook Messenger for business
- Facebook Messenger symbols
- How to deactivate Facebook Messenger
- How to get Facebook reviews
- How to remove Facebook reviews
For each topic, we’ve given you the quick-start answers, but if you’d like more information and details, click the related link for an informative, in-depth article.
Let’s get learning!
There are three steps to creating a Facebook business page:
- Sign up for a personal Facebook account. On your personal page, click Create from the top menu heading, choose Page, and click Business or Brand.
- Fill out some additional information to help potential customers find your business. Among other things, write a short description about your business, add hours of operation, and create a button.
- Build an audience by tapping into social media marketing, building your brand, and expanding your reach.
Choosing a Facebook Business Page Category
Choosing Facebook business page categories can have serious marketing implications, so you want to make sure to get it right. To ensure your page can be easily found by the right audience, ask yourself the following questions before setting your Facebook business page categories:
- Who is my audience?
- How can I best represent my business?
- What categories do my competitors use?
- Which features can help me market my business?
How to Add an Administrator to a Facebook Page
To add an administrator to a Facebook page (someone you delegate to run your social media marketing campaign), follow these 6 easy steps:
- Verify you are an Admin and log into your Facebook account.
- Click the blue arrow in the upper right-hand corner and click Manage Pages.
- Click Settings.
- Click Page Roles.
- Click Assign a New Page Role and select Admin.
- Enter the new Admin’s email address and have them accept the invitation. Confirm with your own password.
Facebook Messenger is an important tool that allows you to communicate with your customers through chat. However, to gain this benefit, you must first know how to use Facebook Messenger.
- Turn on Facebook Messenger by clicking on Settings, going to Messages, and allowing people to message your page privately. Click Save.
- Embed Facebook Messenger in your website using the Messenger code.
Next, you need to know how to optimize Facebook Messenger for business. You can do this through Facebook’s Response Assistant, which can help you with the following optimization tasks:
- Automate repetitive communication with Instant Replies
- Set and show a Response Time
- Initiate a conversation using a Greeting Text
- Automatically send customers reminders
- Automatically send Follow-up Messages
Facebook Messenger Symbols
Some of the Facebook Messenger symbols can be a bit confusing, so we’re here to decode them for you.
- An open blue circle = Your message is sending.
- A blue check mark inside an open blue circle = Your message has been sent.
- A white checkmark inside a closed blue circle = Your message has been successfully delivered.
- A white exclamation point inside a closed red triangle = Your message did not send.
How to Deactivate Facebook Messenger
Knowing how to deactivate Facebook Messenger can come in handy when you don’t have the time to manage it properly. If you’re giving customers long response times or a lack of engagement, your business may be better off not using it at all.
Here are the 6 simple steps to deactivating Facebook Messenger:
- Log in as an Admin.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Select General.
- Select Messages.
- Uncheck Allow people to contact my Page privately by showing the Message button.
- Click Save Changes.
Creating a Facebook marketing strategy that works should be at the top of your priority list as a business owner.
Here are 9 strategic ideas, day-to-day tips, and best practices you can utilize to engage with your audience.
- Thoroughly complete your business profile including the About Your Page and profile picture sections.
- Use Facebook’s internal tools to create custom audiences, use targeted posts, and maximize your spend.
- Build relationships and improve interactions while also driving traffic to your page by funneling your sales efficiently.
- Use Facebook Ads Manager to create targeted ads.
- Post during optimal times (12pm-3pm Monday through Friday and 12pm-1pm on Saturday and Sunday).
- Dictate the conversation that’s happening about your business by asking your audience questions and posting about relevant topics.
- Use eye-catching images, especially ones that are inspirational or funny.
- Actively seek feedback and manage it well using an online review management platform.
- Interact, resolve concerns, and answer questions using Facebook Messenger.
If you know how to get Facebook reviews for your business, you will stand head and shoulders above your competitors.
While there’s no shortcut to gaining or improving your reviews overnight, here are 10 types of people you can invite to leave your business an honest review:
- Immediate family members
- Extended family
- Core followers
- Facebook friends
- Current employees
- Former or temporary employees
- Favorite vendors
- Regular customers
- All existing customers
- Future customers
All this can be accomplished simply through automated review invites.
How to Remove Facebook Reviews
Knowing how to remove Facebook reviews is important for the times when someone leaves a dishonest, over-inflammatory, or inappropriate negative review.
If you want a review removed, make a simple “resolving” comment on the review so that it can be flagged and reported directly to Facebook for removal. If you want to hide all your Facebook reviews:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Choose the Settings option next to Reviews.
- Turn Reviews off.
- Click Save.
If you need to know how to change a Facebook business name, here’s what to do:
- Log in as an Admin and locate the small, blue arrow in the toolbar and click Manage Pages.
- Click on your business and click the ellipses next to the like, follow, and share buttons at the top of the page.
- Select Edit Page Info and click See All Information.
- Click About, then Edit.
- Enter your new Facebook business name and click Continue, then Request Change.
To answer the question of how to find your Facebook URL, it depends on whether you are using a web browser or the Facebook app.
How to find your Facebook URL on a web browser:
- Log in, search for, and open your business page.
- The URL is in the address bar at the top of the browser.
How to find your Facebook URL using the Facebook app:
- Log in, search for, and open your business page.
- Click on the right arrow that is next to your business’s name at the top of the app.
- Click “copy link” to access the URL.