It’s obvious that as technology advances, some tools and platforms become obsolete. Like Myspace and Friendster, internet graveyards are full of irrelevant tech that provide no value to today's users. But sometimes, a tool can stand the test of time, adapting itself to offer valuable, updated resources for a new generation of users. Foursquare is a pioneering site that has sustained its business over time, boasting heavy usage and useful tools—especially for businesses.
What is Foursquare
As an established directory platform, Foursquare for Business hosts listings for 93 percent of storefronts with local channels. Millions of people traffic Foursquare to discover great places to go and share what they love with friends and followers. Because users are already having a conversation about your business on Foursquare, claiming your listing—or creating one—allows your business to manage its online reputation and engage with those target consumers in your area likely to become customers. Plus, as Foursquare users share photos and tips from their experiences, you can use their feedback to improve your business and engage more effectively.
How to Create a Foursquare for Business Listing
Getting set up with Foursquare for Business is a matter of a few, simple steps.
- Search your business on Foursquare. If it’s already listed (many businesses already are), you can claim it by filling in the appropriate details, requesting verification, and paying the $20 one-time fee for management access of your listing. If your business is currently unlisted, you can add it and complete the same process.
- Verify your business. An easy phone call is all it takes to get your business verified.
- Enter details. When adding or editing a listing, provide business details and high-quality photos to helps users find your business and the info they need to make informed purchasing decisions.
- Map your business. Pin your business on the map to be found by shoppers in your area.
- Categorize your business. Select a category and subcategory that helps further identify your business.
With the basics of Foursquare for Business completed, you can go the extra mile to promote your business and manage a successful listing: purchase ads for prime ranking real estate, engage with customers, offer business specials or tips, and review your analytics to improve your business.
What are the Benefits of Foursquare?
What can Foursquare for Business do for your business? Lots. Here a few of its prime business benefits:
- With Foursquare, you have the ability to target local customers. So when it comes to boosting your bottom line, the numbers behind local SEO speak for themselves: 72 percent of consumers who search for local businesses end up visiting stores within five miles.
- Foursquare for Business is easy to use. The simple setup allows you to get your business listing up and running quickly, and manage it on a simple interface.
- If you’re wanting to improve your business and engage with customers in new and effective ways, Foursquare for Business provides unique business tools to help you stand out. With special offers, deals, and discounts, you can entice customers to visit your business through your listing. You can also use Foursquare for Business Tips tool to give consumers inside info and important details about your business.
- Need inspiration? Foursquare for Business shares success stories from real businesses using their platform to give you the motivation you need to bring your business to the next level.
- With Foursquare for Business, you can access analytics that give you insights into the success of your listing, and help you identify patterns and opportunities. This valuable info helps you learn more about your customers and make the necessary changes to boost your leads and engagement.
- Foursquare offers businesses decals you post in your brick-and-mortar locations to build buzz about your biz.
Foursquare Means Business
Foursquare for Business can take you to the next level. Not only can it help boost your business’ local SEO by encouraging people to engage with your business—especially those potential consumers in your area—but it also positions you to build the highest quality leads.
Foursquare’s location-based business tools are top-notch, providing your business new ways to engage with users and stand out as a brand. Foursquare also allows you to view and study analytics that can help your business improve over time and effectively control your online reputation — how businesses find you, and the impression you make—on an easy-to-use platform. If you’re wanting to increase your business’ visibility (and sales), utilize Foursquare for Business.
Watch a demo.